A big thank you to Da Ruey for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I’ve been really blessed to meet you and have you as my classmate; and can’t wait to spend my next two years with you and the rest. I love reading your blog because you share so many of your experiences and insights – you’re truly a life coach in the making. May God bless you with even more wisdom to inspire and encourage your readers!
Da Ruey’s Blog: https://ngimdaruey.wordpress.com/
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions of your own.
1. What is your happiest memory and why?
Wow, haha, I have a lot of happy memories, it’s hard to choose just one. But a recent happy memory is probably playing on the beach at Bataan, Philippines with my new IB classmates. It was just a time where we could let loose and be carefree, and just spend quality time with each other. It really made me feel like I was part of a loving family. Also, it was just a time of appreciating God’s creation as I admired the beautiful sea and its surroundings (the sunset is incredible!)
2. What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced so far?
The fear of failure. I expect a lot from myself and I love the feeling of accomplishing my goals. But it came to a point where I became so scared of failing that I became scared of exams and competitions. I felt that I had to be the best in everything I participated in to prove that I was talented and had worth.
3. How have you overcome the challenge?
It’s a continuous process that started with me finding my identity. Not in my grades or my medals, but my identity in Christ. Because knowing that I am a child of God helped me to realise that I am already good enough, and I don’t have to prove my worth to have a place in this world. God already accepts me for who I am, and not what I can do. And so now, I am continuously finding the faith to cast my fears upon Jesus and trust that He will make me the best that I can be.
4. What keeps you motivated to do the things you do every day?
What motivates me is just knowing that I have a purpose that God has set for me. Although I may not know my specific purpose yet, I know that I have a general goal: to love others and introduce them to the greatest love of all.
5. What study tip would you give to students?
Get enough sleep! I’ve seen my friends studying till the wee hours of the morning and coming to school looking like cranky zombies. Lack of sleep is not going to help your brain or your attitude to learning. Although you may not have finished studying everything, having enough sleep is more important so you can face the next day with a clear mind and positive attitude.
6. Why did you start blogging?
Actually I started blogging since elementary school as part of a class project. But then I became lazy and stopped. I had a huge passion for writing when I was young, but then it started to wane as I put off writing.
Then just last month, I was talking to one of my friends Joshua (you can read his blog here), and he just encouraged me to start up writing again. A few days later, I belive God gave me a stroke of inspiration to start blogging about songs. More specifically songs that have touched my heart – hence the name of my blog. So thank you God and Joshua for setting me back on the writing track again! 🙂
7. How much time do you spend on social media daily?
Right now, I think I spend quite a lot of time on social media because I’m on summer break. Though it’s mostly just checking up on my Instagram feed.
8. What is your favourite colour?
I have two actually – blue (either baby blue or midnight blue) and coral.
9. Have you inspired anyone? How?
I believe that I have inspired people, and I certainly hope that I do inspire them. Besides inspiring my juniors with academic success or extra-curricular victories, I just hope that I have inspired people through my daily walk with God. He has done so many good things in my life and in me, and I pray that others will be encouraged that God can also work in their lives and in them.
10. What are your hobbies?
I’m actually into songwriting as I feel that it easier to express my innermost feelings through songs.
I’m also a huge fan of Korean dramas – KDrama fans unite!
11. What would you say to your (one-year) younger self?
You are so so blessed! Appreciate your loving family and just enjoy your carefree life while it lasts. Don’t grow up too fast!
12. What would your ideal 24 hours be like?
12 hours – Chilling and doing fun things with my friends
8 hours – Sleeeeeeeep
In between – Watch Korean dramas / Running Man / Eat / Check social media
Here are my questions for the people I am nominating:
- Who is one person who has inspired you and how did he/she inspire you?
- What is one life-changing experience you’ve had?
- What is one thing that you would want to change in this world?
- What do you like about blogging?
- If you could run for president, what would be your slogan?
- What is your favourite app?
- If you could meet one celebrity, who would you meet and what would you talk about?
- Who is your favourite author and why?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- What does life mean to you?
Do check out these blogs! (Sorry I nominated only 3 because I’m still new to the blog world)
Thank you! May the Shalom of the Lord be with you.